50 Scott Adam Road Suite 211
Cockeysville, MD 21030
- Susan Ra, DDS - Dr. Susan Ra received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery in 2004. During that time, she was mentored by a renowned general dentist, Dr. Peter Hurst of Northwestern University Dental Clinic, whose claim to fame is being Oprah Winfrey's dentist and presented on her show several times as an expert consultant. Upon graduation, Dr. Ra was selected as one of "Who's Who" of 2004 American College/University students. Since then, Dr. Ra has stayed current on the latest of dental technologies and implemented them into Touch of Smiles Dental Care.
With the belief in treating all patients with high-quality dentistry, Dr. Ra pursues continuing education as a pertinent value to this office. She is well- trained in conscious oral sedation and offers gentle relaxation to the more anxious patients. She has advanced training in airway management and handling medically-compromised patients. She also understands the rigorous schedules patients have and can make crowns in one day using CEREC cad/cam, the advanced technology computer system for making all-porcelain crowns. In the sensitive issue regarding dental x-rays and radiation exposure, Dr. Ra has placed digital intraoral x-rays in each operatory to minimize the exposure of potential radiation to the patients.
As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Ra is trained in placing full-mouth veneers, composites, esthetic crowns and bridges using proper techniques of physiologic function. She also has advanced training in placing dental implants, bonegrafts, and sinus augmentation.
Dr. Ra is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Maryland Academy of General Dentistry, Psi-Omega Dental Fraternity, American Association of Women Dentists, and the Anne Arundel County Dental Society. She has been selected by her colleagues as one of "America's Top Dentists" in 2010 and 2011 for Cosmetic and General Dentistry. In 2004, Dr. Ra volunteered for Operation Smile in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Aside from her passion for dentistry, Dr. Ra enjoys spending most of her time with her preschool twin boy and girl. She enjoys family time, reading, and church.
- Heather Mullen, Expanded Function Dental Assistant - Originally from the greater Buffalo, NY area, Heather has lived in Baltimore for years, but has kept her "accent". She is hard-working in all aspects of her life. She enjoys dentistry and embraces continuous learning through seminars and continuing education classes.
- Crystal Collison, Front Desk Coordinator - Crystal is a lifelong resident of Glen Burnie, Maryland. She graduated from the Center of Applied Technology North in 2006 with a certificate in Medical Assisting and began her career in the healthcare industry immediately after. While working, Crystal also studied at the Baltimore School of Massage and graduated with a certificate in Professional Massage Therapy in 2009. Following a short career break after the birth of her daughter, Crystal began working at Touch of Smiles Dental Care in 2010. Her favorite part of working at Touch of Smiles Dental Care is getting to see everyone's beautiful smile when they walk out of the office!
- Elisa Hill, Receptionist - Elisa was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. She is currently taking photography classes for fun and hopes to take it seriously one day. Her hobbies include blogging, writing, and having a good time with her friends. She has been working at Touch of Smiles Dental Care since 2011 and enjoys it because she loves meeting people from different places.
- Michelle Heise, Dental Assistant - Michelle has lived in Maryland for nine years with her two young children. She enjoys working as a dental assistant and is currently in school working towards her degree in dental hygiene.